Black Mafia Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The offical LS-RP Black Mafia Family faction forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Would you rather see this develop into ..

Go down 
+6
Gilbert_Mayers
Ryan Mason
Daekwon_Lexington
Avon_Robinson
Lavaughn Williams
Jaheim Atkins
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jaheim Atkins
Admin
Jaheim Atkins

Would you rather see this develop into ..  Empty
PostSubject: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:06 pm

A street-gang rather than BMF? I mean, put it like this people .. we're already surrounded by gangs all over Idlewood, and we're familiar with the street-gang culture since we live in the same environment and everything.

We're planning and trying to figure out a way of how would we develop into a street-gang IC'ly. Everything would be the same, we'd have the same characters, we'd go through the same struggle, we'd still be doing the same thing and we'd still be working on developing our characters.

I'm asking you guys because I'm honestly not feeling what this faction might develop into if we going to name ourselves the Black Mafia Family IC'ly. The ONLY way of involving ourselves into more criminal activities is becoming a street-gang and getting our name out there.

I'm also suggesting this because when people look at our screenshots and our thread and they see that we don't really call ourselves anything IC'ly, they get the taste of 'nothing'. I thought it would be really cool if we'd spice it up and develop into a street-gang living in the projects, living in a poverty-stricken area where everyone would be all about survival and making a living.

I thought I should let you guys speak your mind up before I jump the gun and edit the thread out or anything like that.
Back to top Go down
Lavaughn Williams

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:14 pm

I don't see us becoming into Black Mafia Family, I see us becoming into a street gang that is surrounded by drugs, guns, other criminal activities. I say we shouldn't aim for BMF, we should aim for a hood-rp, drug gang.
Back to top Go down
Jaheim Atkins
Admin
Jaheim Atkins

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:18 pm

Lavaughn Washington wrote:
I don't see us becoming into Black Mafia Family, I see us becoming into a street gang that is surrounded by drugs, guns, other criminal activities. I say we shouldn't aim for BMF, we should aim for a hood-rp, drug gang.

Exactly my point. I want to hear everyone else's opinion.

We thought that it would be realistic if the server had a lot of simple blood & crip factions scattered all across LS. Me and Gilbert thought of developing this faction into a blood one, we're still thinking of ways of doing it, brainstorming ideas and everything. Speak what's on your mind people, for the sake of this faction's future.
Back to top Go down
Avon_Robinson

Avon_Robinson

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:19 pm

In my opinion I don't want to see another street gang; there's enough already and they're being made over and over again. I think we should aim for something a little bit more unique than that. I can tell that you're afraid of the faction turning into another Wilcox but I don't see that happening. I'm not sure what I want to see in the future but I want something unique; not another Ryder Block or 424.
Back to top Go down
Jaheim Atkins
Admin
Jaheim Atkins

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:26 pm

Avon_Robinson wrote:
In my opinion I don't really want to see another street gang; there's enough already and they're being made over and over again. I think we should aim for something a little bit more unique than that.

I mean, put it like this: It wouldn't really affect the way we roleplay if you think about it, because we're still going to be us, and we're still going to do the same shit, and provide the same realistic roleplay all around the neighborhood.

We wouldn't be anything alike those street-gangs that appear and disappear every week. We're going to be a neighborhood-gang living in the projects, we're not going to brawl different gangs or involve ourselves into shit that we're not supposed to. Everything's going to be really strict and we're going to represent our neighborhood ONLY. Nothing else, I don't want to expand our neighborhood and start turf-wars all around Idlewood. Just a small clique that represents the Belmont Housing Projects area.

And I understand .. but at the same time, It would be mad awkward to start a faction that already has its reputation in real life. Black Mafia Family's long gone. This neighborhood gang thing is much more unique if you ask me.
Back to top Go down
Jaheim Atkins
Admin
Jaheim Atkins

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:27 pm

And Indeed I'm kind of sick of people comparing us to Wilcox and thinking that we're a drug-organization .. when in fact we're not, we only sell drugs because it's the easiest way to make money off of in the ghetto. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lavaughn Williams

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Avon_Robinson wrote:
In my opinion I don't really want to see another street gang; there's enough already and they're being made over and over again. I think we should aim for something a little bit more unique than that.

Yeah, but very few succeed in doing that. You take RBF they succeeded, CWA did, VEC too. I don't see Rollin' 20's going anywhere, I also don't see Kilo going anywhere either. Currently RBF, CWA, VEC are the top street organized gangs.

How about this idea?
A blood gang that revolves mostly around drugs.
We fall under the blood banner, but we are a drug crew with hood-rp.
Avon also said we could be a crew that has the lower "ranks" un-recognized people selling for small times, while the big well recognized people doing big deals.

EDIT: My idea kind of sounds like Wilcox, so I take it back.
Back to top Go down
Avon_Robinson

Avon_Robinson

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:32 pm

I've participated in enough street gangs such as Ryder Block and VEC; quite frankly I'm bored of it and don't want to see that happen to this faction; it's not why I started role-playing with the faction in the first place. It's your faction and it's entirely your decision what you turn it into; but that's just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Lavaughn Williams

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:36 pm

We won't be developing this faction into Black Mafia Family.
What ideas do you have Avon, I mean if you don't want a street gang I can't really think of anything unique tbh. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Avon_Robinson

Avon_Robinson

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:40 pm

I don't understand why it won't turn into a "Black Mafia Family"; I thought that was a great, unique idea which I was extremely excited about; it's why I decided to join in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Daekwon_Lexington

Daekwon_Lexington

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:40 pm

I just started role-playing with this faction and from the looks of it most of the members already come off as if you would think this was a street gang but the way everything is handled icly shows me different and the way i see it a blood gang wouldnt be half bad and the going from people that came from the community and turned into a bad ass gang me myself thinks it would be fun to be apart of.
Back to top Go down
Lavaughn Williams

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:44 pm

Avon_Robinson wrote:
I don't understand why it won't turn into a "Black Mafia Family"; I thought that was a great, unique idea which I was extremely excited about; it's why I decided to join in the first place.
Greenthumb, iSlick has worked together before and made a BMF faction which really didn't go far without IC development.
iSlick, and I later re-opened it, and my idea was more of a "High ranks handle the money from the small times every week" it was more of a dramatic, theatrical type role-play like the high ranks drive around different corners in their limo and shit to collect the weekly earnings, and distribute an equal amount to every crew. We didn't make too far, because we only had 4-5 member base and inactivity got the best of us.

I kind of agree with Daekwon, we are developing into a street gang than a black mafia family.
Back to top Go down
Jaheim Atkins
Admin
Jaheim Atkins

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:50 pm

Mainly because people compare us to Wilcox way too much, and it's unbelievably frustrating. It's going to be mad hard for us to make it out of the ghetto, and it feels like it's all eyes on us. It would also be really awkward for us to base our faction on something that's been dead for years IRL. Black Mafia Family isn't around anymore .. also I knew this moment will come one day.

But trust me when I tell you that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. This is NOT going to affect the way we roleplay, we will not get in trouble with any other gangs around Los Santos, considering we'd only be a small clique representing our neighborhood and nothing else; not looking forward to expand our territory or any of that shit.

We'll still do the shit that we do, and realistic roleplay's always going to be provided. We live in a poverty-stricken housing projects area .. our characters are pretty much desperate for cash and we're trying to survive and make a living.

We've been developing our characters for a long time now people, I think it's time to step our game up and develop this 'nameless gang' into something. If our characters are going to possess firearms I'm thinking might aswell just develop the faction into a street-gang, therefor we would be participating into more gang activities.
Back to top Go down
Avon_Robinson

Avon_Robinson

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:55 pm

I just don't want to see a stand around the hood all day, every day, doing completely nothing but the occasional drive-by, brawl or shoot-out. I can see it becoming a faction that stands around all day, doing nothing but some trivial role-play.
Back to top Go down
Lavaughn Williams

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:56 pm

I agree with Jaheim on this one. BMF is dead, and to be honest there isn't much information on BMF that we could take from either. We are a drug crew as of now, and developing into a street gang that represents 38th street Belmont projects is the best option. I even have a name thought out "38th Street Belmont Projects Crew" a hood; street gang that mainly revolves around drugs. We are still developing so IC'ly we really don't know what is going to happen in the future.

EDIT: Who are we going to brawl, come into attack with if we are just representing 38th street?
We won't be a stand around the hood all day gang either, our imagination holds us back.

Last edited by Lavaughn Washington on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Daekwon_Lexington

Daekwon_Lexington

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 4:57 pm

Yeah but honestly if you have a creative mind you can come up with some crazy roleplay.
Back to top Go down
Jaheim Atkins
Admin
Jaheim Atkins

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Avon_Robinson wrote:
I just don't want to see a stand around the hood all day, every day, doing completely nothing but the occasional drive-by, brawl or shoot-out. I can see it becoming a faction that stands around all day, doing nothing but some trivial role-play.

Honestly, we've always chilled around the projects, and we always came up with our own roleplay. I don't think you read the line where I said that this isn't going to affect the way we roleplay and develop this faction .. we're still going to be focusing on drug-deals and everything else. It's just a way for us to progress into more criminal activities and become somewhat known around the city.

Black Mafia Family is something that we've wanted to become but we never did, by being surrounded by street-gangs in the Idlewood area we obviously have knowledge about street-gangs .. their culture, style andwhatnot, considering we live in the same environment and under the same circumstances. (poverty-stricken areas, being poor and everything).

I just think it's going to open more doors for us.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Mason

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Your the leader, do what you want.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert_Mayers

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:04 pm

Here's the thing. I don't see us becoming BMF, at all. First of all, where do you get the idea of BMF, when you yourself live in a blood affiliated area? There's no history behind BMF members living in our projects from what I know. I don't really see how this would affect people either, seeing that we're not BMF IC'ly yet either. Also, with Wilcox around us, we would be pretty much be considered as one of their sub-factions to other people, which we are not. BMF was an OOC goal we wanted to achieve, but due to the environment around us, and the lack of history BMF has in the surrounding areas, I don't think we'll ever achieve it.

Please throw out some more ideas, when I spoke to Greenthumb about this earlier, I had way more ideas and reasons why we shouldn't be BMF, I'm having a brain fart atm.
Back to top Go down
Ryan Mason

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:10 pm

You guys are saying that we have no one for use to base BMF on, but how did street gangs start? Instead of attempting to follow a path, why don't we just make a new one? Whatever goes down, I'll still be here.
Back to top Go down
Avon_Robinson

Avon_Robinson

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:13 pm

What I mainly hate about street gangs is the fact that the leader controls everything and there is no purpose for the other members apart from to fill it up, create a little bit of role-play and make the hood look active. The leader calls all the shots and the other members have no authority, role or purpose what-so-ever.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert_Mayers

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Avon_Robinson wrote:

That's a stereotypical gang on LS-RP. Here's an example of an IRL gang we would be like; Black Gangster Disciples. They are a street-gang, who is all about they're money. They aren't a drug organization specifically, nor just a street-gang, they're a mix of both. Guess who's also all about they're money? We are. Guess who also comes from an area where street-gangs are strongly supported? We do. It's not all about the concept of the faction, it all comes down to the roleplay provided by the faction.

EDIT: You say there's no purpose for other members in a street-gang, because there's a leader? Black Mafia Family has a leader too you know.
Back to top Go down
Jaheim Atkins
Admin
Jaheim Atkins

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Avon_Robinson wrote:
What I mainly hate about street gangs is the fact that the leader controls everything and there is no purpose for the other members apart from to fill it up, create a little bit of role-play and make the hood look active. The leader calls all the shots and the other members have no authority, role or purpose what-so-ever.

Dude, the leaders don't really have higher authorities than other 'ragged or jumped-in' members. They're just calling shots that's it .. and that's going to be rare by the way, don't expect no shoot-outs everyday or any of that shit.

I'm thinking of something right now as I'm writing this so .. I'll be back with some more information later on.
Back to top Go down
Avon_Robinson

Avon_Robinson

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:27 pm

What I meant was Gilbert, there's a leader of course but the other members handle stuff of importance too instead of doing nothing.
Back to top Go down
Lavaughn Williams

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  EmptySun Jun 17, 2012 5:29 pm

I don't want shootouts at all, and if we do have them I don't want a car full of four people going to another hood to rape their gang. I say we should be a well organized street gang that performs everything very discreetly; for example if someone threatens or "messes" with one of our members, that member discreetly plans the whole thing out and takes out that particular individual. I actually want this to turn into a well organized street gang that mainly revolves around drugs, while also doing other criminal activities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you rather see this develop into ..    Would you rather see this develop into ..  Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you rather see this develop into ..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Black Mafia Family :: Important Announcements!-
Jump to: