Black Mafia Family
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The offical LS-RP Black Mafia Family faction forum!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Screen shots [Faction requirement]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lavaughn Williams

Screen shots [Faction requirement] Empty
PostSubject: Screen shots [Faction requirement]   Screen shots [Faction requirement] EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:00 pm

I noticed not a lot of people are posting screen shots. Every page I turn, I mostly see Greenthumb's screen shots flooding the page. This shows that only he's role-playing and not us. We should assist him, we should all post screen shots too not because it's a faction requirement, because it shows others that we are out there creating a realistic environment, and here is evidence of us doing that. Not going to make a long ass post about this, but you get the main idea.

Editing screen shots on photoshop, credits go to Liamshie.

Raekwon Norrece wrote:
[size=150]Editing & uploading your screenshots! By liamshie[/size]
Been told to make this guide. Reason is lack of effort people show by not posting screenshots on the thread as it's much easy and takes around ten seconds to edit each screenshot.

Tools you'd need:
Photoshop [Any version, recommended versions are CS3+] - I can't get you any download link as it's not allowed to post these links. Just google for it and you'll find something, I'm sure.

Alright, let's start. At first, you need to take the screenshot and then copy it [CTRL + A, and then CTRL + C] and paste it [CTRL + V] on a new project. I usuall copy & paste it on a new one, as it fits the sizes etc and better. The best size is width of 702, you can choose the height yourself [702 pixels = the width of a post's width]. The result should be like that:
Screen shots [Faction requirement] 1step

Press CTRL + T, and you should get something like that:
Screen shots [Faction requirement] 2step

Mess around with it, the result should look like that:
Screen shots [Faction requirement] 3step

If you want to see more details in the picture, just just the crop tool [Screen shots [Faction requirement] Crop_50] and raise the picture's height. Result:
Screen shots [Faction requirement] 4step

Got that one? Next step is making the picture look better, by picking the 'Sharpen' function [Filter > Sharpen > Sharpen]. Result:
Screen shots [Faction requirement] 5step

Last step is the stroke:
Screen shots [Faction requirement] 6step
Result:
Screen shots [Faction requirement] 7step

And you are done!

Useful additions:
Websites you can upload the screenshots on [Open spoiler]:
Spoiler:

Nametags censoring:

Pick the Rectangular marquee tool, and stretch it on the nametag. Once you see the nametag has the rectangular stroke around it, you pick the Motion blur tool [Filter > Blur > Motion blur] and set it on 10. Open spolier for the progress:
Spoiler:

Everyone uses different styles for editing screen shots, and I love being unique. So please post screen shots on the faction thread. So the thread won't go inactive. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
Jaheim Atkins
Admin
Jaheim Atkins

PostSubject: Re: Screen shots [Faction requirement]   Screen shots [Faction requirement] EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:03 pm

I'd just like to add that nobody really cares if you're not good at editing screenshots as long as you provide text and our RP in them. I'm happy with all sorts of screenshots as long as I see people creating RP for themselves when others aren't around.
Back to top Go down
Lashay Williams

Lashay Williams

PostSubject: Re: Screen shots [Faction requirement]   Screen shots [Faction requirement] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 7:44 am

A question...I must censor the nametags or can I let then normal...I don't think and many MGers (not too many I mean) on this server so...
Back to top Go down
Lamont Haynes

PostSubject: Re: Screen shots [Faction requirement]   Screen shots [Faction requirement] EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 9:08 am

Only in certain situations shall you blur out the name tags, not all the time.
Back to top Go down
Jaheim Atkins
Admin
Jaheim Atkins

PostSubject: Re: Screen shots [Faction requirement]   Screen shots [Faction requirement] EmptyFri Jun 15, 2012 7:08 am

Bump, people need to read this!

If you don't know or you can't edit your screenshots just upload them and post them in a spoiler unedited like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screen shots [Faction requirement]   Screen shots [Faction requirement] Empty

Back to top Go down

Screen shots [Faction requirement]
Page 1 of 1